Happy Birthday Lee Jinki ♥ I love you.
Q:10, 18 and 20
10. What do you like most about your art?
um, i suppose i like my ideas the most? maybe their execution is not always flawless, but art block has never really been a problem for me before.
also, i really like drawing hair and i think it shows :>
18. What is your purpose for drawing?
drawing is a way of showing emotions, giving them colours and shapes. there are some feelings that are really hard to convey with words, and i find it very therapeutic to try to deal with them in this way. deciding how i want the picture to look resembles thinking over a problem and finding the best solution. my drawings quite often (but not necessarily always) portray the emotions or moments that i want to memorize and keep forever. i think you could say it’s a diary of a sort, haha.
risking sounding cliché- i’d like to be able to create art that inspires, influences and moves people in some way.
20. How would you rank your art?
i’d say i’m mediocre? there are still a lot of things that i need to practice, but i’ve made a giant progress during the last three years. i’m quite satisfied with my skills as for now, taking into consideration how little time i spend on developing them and that i’m mostly self-taught…
thank you, that was fun! <3
Artist Questions Ask Meme
Put a number in my ask box!:
- When did you get into art?
- What art-related sites have you ever signed up for?
- Show us your oldest piece of art you have on hand.
- What defines your artistic style?
- Do you practice other styles/have you tried other styles in the past?
- What levels of artistic education have you had?
- Show us at least one picture you drew or sketched recently that you did not put on a public site.
- What is your favourite piece that you have done?
- What is your least favourite piece that you have done?
- What do you like most about your art?
- What do you like least about your art?
- Have you ever considered taking commissions?
- Are you looking to pursue a career in art?
- What do you like drawing the most?
- What do you like drawing the least?
- Do you draw more fanart or original art? If fanart, what fandom do you draw the most of?
- What would you absolutely refuse to draw?
- What is your purpose for drawing?
- What medium/program do you use the most in your art?
- How would you rank your art? (poor, mediocre, good, etc.)
- Do you believe there is such thing as “bad art?”
- List at least one of your “artspirations.”
- What do you think you could stand to improve on?
- Do you have a shameful art past? (recolour sprite comics, tracing art, etc.)
- Draw a picture!